Rubbing or scratching skin (acne infested skin) is a complete no as it might spoil your complexion and leave permanent blemishes behind. It is essential not to use too much medication for acne as skin reacting creams could damage the skin further and deteriorate the condition.
It is difficult to cure acne permanently but proper diet, consistent treatment and right remedies could go a long way in preventing the same. Before going for any type of acne treatment routines, it is essential to follow proper washing routine for you face. To keep your face clean, it is important to wash it 2-3 times a day. Avoid overdoing it as it might cause more damage then prevention. Proper PH levels for the skin should be maintained to have a healthy and radiant face. Over washing the face might make the face dry which results in further breakouts.
Do not wash your face vigorously as it may irritate the skin causing more acne. Acne is not caused as a result of dirty skin but clogged pores infected with bacteria cause it. Hence washing face alone is not enough in prevention of acne rather it simply helps in removing dirt and oil from the surface.
Wrong type of washing your face could fan the flames of acne and make it worse. Lets have a look at few points, which should be considered while washing your face effectively:
* Wash your face with hands by first lathering it properly. Rotate your soap-lathered hands gently on your face. Do not rub.
* Use a non abrasive soap which should be mild too.
* Rinse it with warm water.
* Dry your face with a soft and clean towel.
* Do not rub your face with towel while drying.
* Do not use face cloths as they might irritate the skin.