So, what to do when you like a shy guy? First, let's get on the mindset of shy guy when he's interested in you.
- Shy guy feels nervous when you're around
Every time you're around, he would be anxious, scared and inhibited. He's happy to see you around. Yes, he's extremely happy when you're around, but the 'happy' feeling is what makes him nervous. He scared that you'll find out that he had a crush on you. In fact, he's afraid that the whole world inhabitants find out that he had a crush on you and then insult him and make a joke of him because he's not good enough for you. So he decided to keep his 'happiness' unexpressed, or even walk away the crime scene for the safety of his feelings.
- Shy guy is nervous to talk to you
He would stared at you from 'safe' distance whenever he had the chance to do so, when he thinks you couldn't noticed him. He might as well find a way so that he can see you without you noticing. But he never get close to you and talk. Whenever both of you are in situation where you talk to him for a minute or two, all he can do is stutter out some half-coherent answers. The worst thing to happen is when he started to be nervous so bad, shake mess and too depressed when you talk to him, he ended up acting like rude goofball, or find a way so he can walk away with some stupid-brow-rising-nonsense reason.
- Shy guy is nervous to ask you to hang out
So, let's say that he managed to push himself beyond the 'talking to you' stage or for more obvious reason, it's the situation that forced him to talk to you. Now he looks comfortable when talking to you but that doesn't mean that he can easily ask you to hang out. He can talk to you, joke with you, laugh together, but when it comes to ask you out, he's freaking out to spill the words. Maybe he had a few tries, but ended up switching topic.
What to do when you like a shy guy
- You might want to go and talk to him. That would make things easier. Start by talking about general interests where you both involved such as school or work thingy. Don't go straight asking if he had a girlfriend or not, that would freaks him to de4th.
- When he acts like a jungle man lost in New York, don't push him. Give him time to adapt and talk to him a few more times later.
- Don't make him worry by mentioning what you don't like from your ex-boyfriend. That would destroy his confidence and probably withdraws by thinking that he's not good enough for you.
- Even though he seems to send signal that he's interested, you can't just wait for him to do the move. You could just create the situation to push him do the moves, or better, make the first move yourself.
- Now after you two have go out and fooled around a few times, don't expect him to think "Okay, now we're in a relationship". He doesn't have the nerve to think that you're his girlfriend before he knows you admitted it.